This course will focus on the connection between nutrition and wellness. We will cover topics such as the fundamentals of nutrition, foods that fight inflammation, how the brain and the gut are intimately connected, and intuitive eating. Food has the power to improve mental health. This course uses the latest evidence-based scientific research to analyze how the foods we eat can affect our moods and emotions as well as symptoms of depression, anxiety, ADHD, and Alzheimer's disease. Learn how to engage your clients about one of the most powerful acts of self-care and wellness: feeding themselves.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the 6 essential nutrients
- Explain the effects of sugar and the glycemic index on mental health
- Start talking with clients about nutrition
- Recognize foods that fight inflammation in the brain
- Explain the mind-gut connection and its effect on mental health
This is a text only, non interactive, self study CE Course.
Read all the content in the self study course.
Complete post test with a passing grace (80%)
Complete the course survey.
Once you pass the post exam and complete the course survey you will have the opportunity to save download or print your completion certificate.